Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The Dude Abides

Finally, a summer event geared especially to my special amalgam of fanatic laziness. According to this article, tickets go on sale July 1 for the first-ever Lewbowski Fest New York, and I want my picture on the wall with the other Achievers, too! Bowling? Sychronized Marty's Dance Quintets? A Malibu Sheriff Mug Toss, for crissakes? This is my calling! Not to mention fellowship with kindred spirits:

"I watched the movie every day before I went to class," says Mara Thomas, the 23-year-old winner of the festival's hotly contested trivia competition. "It was like, `I'm making eggs, I might as well watch The Big Lebowski.' That line of reasoning."

(granted, in my case, it was probably more like "instead of going to class", and "I'm making pizza pockets")
Time to gear up my caucasian boozing (it's a perfect summer drink, anyway), polish my balls, and get my DVD back from whoever swiped it off the bookshelf; or better yet, swipe one off the shelf of somebody else I know. Lewbowski Fest is coming!
I'm just going to go find a cash machine...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

do you really drink that many white russians? getting drunk on liquor and milk sounds like a recipe for puke to me. though perhaps that would be an effective diet...

June 24, 2004 at 7:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew DF said...

Ohmygod, at that wedding in Virginia I went to, wearing my new seersucker suit, I stuck to white russians with the occasional vodka-tonic when I was feeling slow and heavy for the better part of 6 hours... milk is my friend. I built up immunity like Wesley to iocaine powder through years of oreo saturation and 4-bowl cheerio breakfasts.

June 24, 2004 at 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are deliciously cute. You like a white russian huh - then we are a perfect match. I am sorry to be so forward, but it's rare that I read something so witty written by someone so adorable. I am tall, lean, born in Russia. I'd love to talk more. E-mail me sweet heart so we can hopefully get to know each other more at vitaly_chernikov@yahoo.com

July 2, 2004 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home