Friday, June 18, 2004

Here comes the 5 to the 4 to the 3

Hands in the air if you cats drunk as me...
(you're a poet,j-kwon)

Here is a summary of my week. I haven't had one like this since... well I think the point is I would never remember anyway.

Blitzed all last weekend at graduation parties. Booze cruise in Boston Harbor sunday night before the bus home at 2am.
Monday, was half an hour late to work. That night, closed out a free open bar at Pound & Pence on a client tab.
Tuesday, 50 minutes late to work. That night, batted .666 with a homer and 2 runs & rbis at an East River softball game, then drank Pacificos for 5 hours.
Wednesday, an hour late. Spent most the night drinking lagers by the liters at Zum Schneider with the gorilla troop of friends; rounded out the evening with some wasted Weezer karaoke at Plan B with the hardier boys and the UVA women's crew visitors.
Thursday, got into work at 11:15. Went to the top floor, grabbed a box I stored earlier, and walked down the stairs to my floor to use as an "oh I've been here" prop. Unnecessary. Went home, fell asleep, thankful for the rain-out of the open bar rooftop REEB magazine party I'd wanted to go to. Phone call at 10:30 from UVA girl gets me back out though, I have tourists to show around. Underbar-to-Industry barhopping lasts until closing time. Drunkenly install 8400 BTU air conditioner in living room for guests at 4:30am, tripping on the cord walking to the window. Ow, foot hurts.
Friday, wake up at 7:45. Shower. Dress in work clothes. Drink V8. Sit on couch. Sleep. 9:30. Still sleeping. Roommate leaves, wonders how AC installed overnight and how it is about 30 degrees crooked but not falling 5 stories. (Doesn't fix it.) Plan tourist day with visitors, knowing if work cared or noticed I was late, I'd know already. Consider requests to call in sick. Decide against. Arrive at work 11:30. Just go to desk and sit down. No messages, 2 emails. Life is good.
Somebody, please do my laundry while I nap this afternoon? I have a weekend to recover for. from. for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Andrew, it's HEEB magazine. With an "H." As in, Heeeeebrew.

June 21, 2004 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger Andrew DF said...

Oh. I knew it was a jewish magazine, but I just figured the publisher's name was Rebecca.

June 21, 2004 at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home