Tuesday, June 08, 2004

A New Caste

As a avid reader of blogs for months, I was finally spurred into an active role one week ago today with trepidation and a little fanfare. However, those months of inactivity on my part did not pass by idly. While I focused "energy" at my new job, more established bloggers were out gaining notoriety and experience in the medium. And now as I paddle about like a fat kid wearing neon swimmies in the shallow end, I gaze out at older, stronger blog swimmers getting all the attention, and can only whine with envy.
My decision to bare heart, soul and boredom for all to see came with careful consideration and then full enthusiasm; if you're going to do something, do it right. However, I found out this morning that "active" bloggers are being selectively offered coveted gmail accounts by google, which has initiated a deluge of faux blogs by the hordes seeking gigabyte mail accounts. Sadly, my own personal foray wallows with these masses; too far below the radar with 0 comment replies (pop my cherry, people!), I am apparently not yet an active blogger and my own personal invitation to a higher plane of blogging existence will remain awaited forthwith...

3 Comments:

Blogger midwestgrrl said...

I might have a Gmail invitation or two left. Or I might not. It depends -- might you have an antique pennyfarthing you'd be willing to part with? I'm starting a marauding pennyfarthing gang and I need vehicles.

All the best,
MG

June 8, 2004 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Andrew DF said...

Actually, we're both in luck; before cutting my teeth as a lazy LES New Yorker with self-entitlement issues, I spent several years in Lincolnshire's Boston, England as a squire and apprentice to Sir Brent Marshall, the acclaimed Pennyfarthing jouster. My acquired skills in the tactics of pennyfarthing combat, accumulated older model spare parts, and saddling-up know-how should prove more than useful to your guild. As a token of my goodwill, please accept this scale-model guide to pennyfarthing assembly line mass-production...
http://www.eightlines.com/origami/instructions/med/pennyfarthing.pdf

June 9, 2004 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger midwestgrrl said...

Excellent. Now if only I can get the proper newsboy caps, tweed knickers and sleeve garters, my gang of pennyfarthing rogues will be well on its way.

June 9, 2004 at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home