Tuesday, August 03, 2004

here we go again...

My former college 3-time roommate has moved back in with me. We are full circle. I will below paste a excerpt of an email exchange from last night... nothing like getting things off on the right foot.

Subject: RE: last night
Yes I need your aesthetic reaction to various things; tv stand, towel rack, protein powder, etc.......

[me]Reply: RE: last night
oh i can give you a sum-up version in 30 seconds. TV stand is a hit, we use it and find something else to do with that folding table doubling as a tv stand now. The protein/fresh direct business will work out once we consolidate cabinets; I'll give you the shelf space you need. We'll put together your desk, clean stuff up off the floor, and set roomba loose for a while, no problems there. But the bathroom... we need to talk. I'd assumed I had found a way to incorporate all of your 'isms, quirks, and niceties into my routine at this point without having anything really get to me, so long as your sister remained outside the city limits. I spoke too soon. Because that nasty contraption dangling in my face when I shower has become my nemesis... no, my archenemy. I hate it. I hate the burger-flipper wood handle. I hate the ripped, dangling loofa-piece that pseudopods from the main body, like the whole thing is trying to unravel but can't quite pull from the nasty, tattered center strong enough to slither away and create a little loofa-colony in some dark corner. I hate how it looks. I hate how it smells. A history lesson: Ancient Roman bathhouses used to have communal toilets, and while deucing and chatting, those quaint italian senators and centurions would pass around a stick with a sea sponge attached to the end. And each would use it to wipe himself, then pass it down the line. And this what you have brought into my home. A Roman Shitstick. For shame.

Reply: RE: last night
I hate to break it to you, but back scrubbers are common shower tools, utilized in over 35% of US households. Conceptually, I dont think I will be able to part with one. However, it appears you have issues with my current model, the X14, so I will happily upgrade to a brand spanking new X15 if you so desire........

3 Comments:

Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

wait. i'm confused. what happened to amy and what's his name?

August 4, 2004 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Andrew DF said...

Well if you check back to June 25, you can see that the Iamy company stock was in a nosedive. So I decided to sell them out of house and home, and they now live in a one-bedroom apt. above Opal. Together. Alone. Let's just say, I'm checking the midtown crime blotters for murder-suicides every day now.

August 4, 2004 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

Above Opal? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! heh. snort.

August 4, 2004 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home