Monday, August 02, 2004

No Moah Nomah

Handling the weekend news of Red Sox Nomar Garciaparra's trade to the Cubs has been tough. What does it say when the article most resonant with my hurt feelings is written for parents with their 9 year olds in mind? "Nomar's better than Jeter" has been a staple in my anti-Yankee diet for going on a decade now, and scrambling for a suitable replacement (Varitek can whoop A-Rod?) is still far off. The OCD Georgia Tech grad from Southern Cali with a mentality like Ted Williams and a first name tailor-made for Red Sox Nation has been my favorite active position player since I first saw him tug at his gloves in 1996. Guess I'll need to find my way out to Wrigley sooner than I thought. Go Cubbies? (Nahhhhh)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

yeeesssssss

August 4, 2004 at 3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home