Wednesday, August 04, 2004

TMJ? Isn't that the fast euro-train?

I hate getting all technical on you, but for the last 2 weeks, I seem to be having this worsening problem on the right side of my face. With talking. And eating. Gulp.

1. Temporomandibular Joint: The TMJ is the articulation between the condyle of the mandible and the squamous portion of the temporal bone.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
2. How does TMJ dysfunction feel?
The pain may be sharp and searing, occurring each time you swallow, yawn, talk, or chew, or it may be dull and constant. It hurts over the joint, immediately in front of the ear, but pain can also radiate elsewhere. It often causes spasms in the adjacent muscles that are attached to the bones of the skull, face, and jaws. Then, pain can be felt at the side of the head (the temple), the cheek, the lower jaw, and the teeth.

3. People say my symptoms are all in my head. My friends and family don't believe me when I describe my pain. I'm worried that I'm going crazy.
Your symptoms are real. No one should tell you that you are crazy or that you are exaggerating your pain. Only you know what you are feeling. It may be difficult for your family and friends to understand what you are going through, especially if they have never heard of TMJ.

So... what's the deal? Is this thing gonna go away by itself without me having to change my behavior in any way, or what? I don't do injuries well, probably because I'm too lazy to go through regimens for fixing myself from them...

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

isn't it caused by grinding one's teeth while sleeping? you'll have to wear a mouth guard when you go to bed. hott.

August 5, 2004 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

Dammit, Danberg! Didn't I warn you of the dangers of sucking too much dick? This is no laughing matter.

August 5, 2004 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Andrew DF said...

"Do as I say, not as I do" ?

August 5, 2004 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

Well shit, but I'm not the one with the aching jaw muscles, now am I?

August 8, 2004 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home