Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Back into the Hamster Wheel

So I have it in my head that I don't want to be a workstation-inhabiting paralegal for the rest of my days. It was in that mindset that I thought it would be a good idea to re-register and take some post-bac classes, in the hopes of completing the pre-med requirements that were so daunting during actual college that I fled with tail-tucked following my freshman year grades. I happily spent the last year traipsing about Hunter College's campus, of City University of New York, taking a biology class and lab with community college kids who made me feel, well, smart. But Hunter's physics classes don't coincide with my schedule. And Columbia's do. I was re-accepted by Columbia University School of Continuing Education last week, and tonight was my first class.

I forgot what time the class started. I forgot a pen. And I forgot what the cosine of a 60 degree angle is. Inverse tangents, too. The super-eager Columbia students flocked together after class to form group study sessions and exchange contact info. I think I might be in trouble. Gulp.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

Dude. I may not be much for follow through, but there was a reason I peer pressured you into the post-bac program at Hunter and not Columbia, and it's not just because I'm cheap.

September 8, 2004 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Dude. City College. 138th and Broadway.

September 9, 2004 at 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took that same physics class three years ago. It was what drove me from going premed to becoming a high school teacher. It is hell. RUN.
ps - there's no p in the word hamster

September 9, 2004 at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home