Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Captain Planet!

He's our hero... gonna take pollution down to zero!
I loved that show.

Today, this big guy out on the sidewalk in front of my building was blocking off a section of the sidewalk from foot traffic during lunchtime, making people go around and looking down at the pavement. After a little bit, he stooped down, picked up something at his feet, and walked about 3 blocks to a plaza with a large, elevated flower garden with some trees, mulch, and a fountain, holding his arm out in front of him. The faces of people crossing him in the other direction on their way to lunch were all rather comical, and most skirted around him a few extra feet. Once at the little sanctuary, he put his hand near the base of a plant stem, and the big 3.5 inch Praying Mantis that had been lost on the NYC sidewalk crawled off the back of his hand and went out looking for lunch. So did the big guy. The Mantis found a beetle. The guy found a burrito. The magnolia cupcake he had for dessert was a little too sweet, though, and he's figety now.

Yeah, I did my good deed for the day. Actually, I was just covering my bases; I want to be on the right side when the human race finally submits to our entomological overlords.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home