Friday, November 05, 2004

Something's Gotta Give

Last night, I came to a realization. It's not actually possible for me to work a full/over time job at a big law firm, get A's as a part time student in a post-bac pre-med program, maintain a social life, date a girl, go regularly to the gym, eat actual meals, and also meet the time requirements of blog reading and updating. It just can't be done. I had to prioritize.

My job and the regular meals thing are for daily sustenance. The classes are to ensure a successful future. Keeping up a social life probably falls in the daily sustenance category; friends have told me that solitary confinement in prison would most likely kill me. Going to the gym hasn't really been much more than an on-paper endeavor for me for years, anyway, so continuing to lie to myself about it won't hurt any. Which leaves the time-wasting, narcissistic, socially and professionally awkward blogging.

Naturally, the decision last night on what had to go was clear.

So I dropped my class. Physics is really hard! I'll try again at it some other time; the future, is, like far away and stuff. Now I want to go read Wonkette and get ideas on how to make up for a month's worth of missed posts. I've got a lot of garbage rattling around in my head that needs a place to air out! Is that election thing soon, btw?

4 Comments:

Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

hold up a sec! you have a girlfriend?

November 5, 2004 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Congratulations on joining Perplexa and me in the esteemed Physics Dropper Club!

November 5, 2004 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

Yeah grad school sucks. I haven't had any action since starting school. At least I still make time three or more times a day for my favorite activity.

November 7, 2004 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Andrew DF said...

Oh. You meant EATING. heheh. Oops.

November 8, 2004 at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home